DataCare: the best data quality and integration
software for the Brazilian market
Developed and improved by Assesso for more than 20 years, DataCare® has been employed by major companies from different industries. DataCare® offers complete solution for data management and quality of any kind and in varied formats, encompassing tasks such as data ingestion, validation, transformation, deduplication, consolidation and preparation for consumption.
For its performance and easy integration, DataCare® has been successfully employed in projects that contain substantial data volumes, source multiplicity and information patterns. Among our cases, we highlight: MDM (People, Materials, Products and Services), Customer Data Integration, Data Lake, Big Data, Operational and Analytical CRM, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and e-Commerce. There are over 250 projects performed by Assesso using DataCare®.
Specializing in data present in the Brazilian market, DataCare® is a modular software that can be configured not only for simple treatment and consistency of structured data, but also for more complex projects that envolve semi-structured or unstructured data, such as those originated in social media, IoT, Web Analytics and Record Logging.
DataCare® consolidates the concepts of MIT’s (Massachussetts Institute of Technology) CDOIQ – Chief Data Officer & Information Quality for information management and data quality.
DataCare® makes it possible to configure processes that deal directly with data, without the need of interacting with the company’s applications. For its performance characteristics, it’s essential for projects that involve a substantial amount of data in varied types of repository.
DataCare® also can be used by the company’s systems that need data validation and treatment at collection time, resulting in a better information quality, be it in batch environment or online, on premises or as a service.
DataCare® operates on a robust platform called DC Platform, which offers the following functionalities:
- Handling of data in varied formats, for ingestion, preparation, consolidation and publishing for consumption
- Structured, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Special functions for Brazilian data, such as names, addresses, phones and e-mails
- Identification and consolidation of duplicates
- Batch and online processes
- Library of business rules and data quality metrics for sharing and governance
- Over 100 functions available in a Tool Box
- 360o Vision e MDM: individuals, companies, materials and products
- Access to external services: public databases and credit information bureaus
- Data quality metrics and goals management
- Technical, business and operational metadata and Business Terms Glossary
- Process workflow
- Data quality statistical process control, with the generation of alerts and pauses
- Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, Unix, Hadoop and Cloud (Azure, Google, AWS) environments
- Interoperability: same process or service can be executed on any environment
- High performance for online services and large volumes of data
- Scalability: processing elasticity in Hadoop or Container clusters
- High availability
- Text files, csv, XML, Json and others
- Relational and managed databases (AWS, Google, Azure)
- NoSQL and shared bases: Apache Kudu, Cassandra, Hbase and others
- Cloud: AWS S3, Azure Data Lake Store, Google Cloud Storage
- Web Services, Rest, Streaming, Oracle and SAP connectors
- Integration with AI and ML
Data profiling and data assessment. DCAudit’s reports make it possible to identify completeness, violation of general and business rules, suspicious words and the need for data transformation and consolidation.
Validation, standardization and correction of addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. DataCare® handles addresses with international coverage. For Brazilian addresses and phone numbers, DataCare® provides a database of Brazilian addresses, area codes and phone number prefixes, adherent to rules defined by both the Brazilian Post Office and the Brazilian Federal Telecom Agency. For e-mail addresses, international syntax validation rules are applied.
Geolocation of worldwide addresses, distance calculation and balanced distribution of customers and prospects by points-of-contact. For Brazilian addresses, DCGeo also assigns the Brazilian Census Sector Code to the address for using sociodemographic variables in analytical or geo-marketing processes.
Validation, hygienization, standardization, composition and transformation of master and transactional data. DCCleaner allows to configure scenarios in which the contents of a field, a table row or a complete record of an entity's data should be either accepted or rejected.
Data validation and new attributes calculation based on business rules. It allows to use either simple or complex logical expressions in order to create new information from existing ones, such as scores, status, consolidations, best dates and others.
Entity resolution – identification of entity duplicates, such as people, households, materials and others. It provides full flexibility for composing comparison keys with a large library of similarity checking functions based on match coding and fuzzy logic concepts.
Merge and purge of duplicate records and Golden Record generation using data priority, frequency and recency criteria. This module also implements layers for data integration, storage and consumption on the DataCare MDM version.
Support for manual handling of inconsistencies pointed out by the other modules, allowing great productivity in recovering and improving quality for non-compliant data. This process is known as Back Office or Data Stewardship.
Production of data quality metric statistics for either each data source or the complete database, segmented by selected variables. Provides basis for data quality monitoring over time with a variety of views and filter options.
User interface to query and update data from the DataCare MDM environment. All query, validation, standardization, deduplication and consolidation services are made available to ensure master data integrity and quality.